Gianno Caldwell Denounces Discrimination After Being Asked to Leave Florida Restaurant for Conservative Views
Fox News political analyst Gianno Caldwell was asked to leave a restaurant in North Miami, Florida, on Saturday morning because his Conservative views “don't align” with the opinions of the owners. Caldwell shared his outrage on Fox News Sunday, saying “There is a target on the backs of people who happen to be Black, who happen to be conservative and it needs to come to an end.”
The cafe's statement indicated that the group had engaged in discussion about women in a manner that was demeaning and had employed eugenic arguments in relation to their views on Roe v. Wade. Caldwell and his group had been discussing politics when the owner approached them and said that they “were not welcomed” because of their political views. Caldwell asked if he had said something “triggering” to the owner, to which she explained that they were being removed because their politics do not align.
In his statement to NBC6, Caldwell said, “Whether liberal or conservative, no one should ever be asked to leave a place of business for engaging in political conversation in a respectful dialogue. Paradis is promoting a sort of political segregation that hearkens back to the days of the Jim Crow South and runs counter to the restaurant’s harm reduction policy.”
Caldwell stated he was asked about his experience of “working at Fox News,” as well as inquiries about his political leanings, such as, “are you a Conservative?” He said he was trying to talk to them about his brother and his work on Capitol Hill talking to members of Congress about violent crime in America and trying to get justice for victims of violent crime.
On his Fox & Friends segment, Caldwell stressed that being asked to leave the restaurant because his “politics didn’t ‘align’ with the owners” was “not okay”. He quoted Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. saying, “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere”. Caldwell’s experience is a clear case of discrimination that should not be tolerated in Florida or anywhere else in America.
0. “A Fox News analyst was booted from a North Miami cafe. Then came drama and harassment” AOL, 22 Jan. 2023, https://www.aol.com/news/fox-news-analyst-booted-north-192237896.html
1. “Restaurant sparks debate after kicking Fox News analyst out over ‘troubling’ political conversation” The Independent, 24 Jan. 2023, https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/fox-news-analyst-restaurant-miami-b2268333.html
2. “Gianno Caldwell blasts restaurant for kicking him out over political views: There’s a ‘target' on our backs” Fox News, 22 Jan. 2023, https://www.foxnews.com/media/gianno-caldwell-blasts-restaurant-kicking-him-political-views-target-back
3. “Gianno Caldwell Calls Out Restaurant That Kicked Him Out For Political Views” OutKick, 21 Jan. 2023, https://www.outkick.com/gianno-caldwell-calls-out-restaurant-that-kicked-him-out-for-political-views/
4. “Political Commentator Allegedly Kicked Out of Restaurant in Miami” NBC 6 South Florida, 23 Jan. 2023, https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/political-commentator-allegedly-kicked-out-of-restaurant-in-miami/2955936/
5. “FOX News Analyst Was Kicked Out Of Miami Bar For His Views & Now The Place Is Private Online” Narcity Canada, 24 Jan. 2023, https://www.narcity.com/miami/fox-news-analyst-kicked-out-of-miami-bar-for-his-views-now-the-company-is-private-online