Deadly Shooting in Beverly Crest Neighborhood of Los Angeles
Los Angeles police reported that 3 people had been killed and 4 more had been injured in a shooting in Beverly Crest early Saturday morning. The home where the shooting occurred appears to be a “short-term rental.” The Los Angeles County Medical Examiner's Office identified the three people killed as Iyana Hutton (33, from Chicago), Nenah Davis (29, from Bolingbrook, a suburban Chicago village), and Destiny Sims (26, from Buckeye, Arizona). Two of the four survivors are in critical condition and the other two are in stable condition at nearby hospitals.
A shooting concluded a week of fatalities in California. On January 21, a gunman committed a mass shooting in Monterey Park which resulted in the death of 11 people. Just two days later, another shooter murdered seven people at two farms located near Half Moon Bay. At a news conference, Sgt. Bruce Borihanh, a spokesperson for the Los Angeles Police Department, reported that the shooting happened outside a rental property. He was unable to ascertain if there was any kind of assemblage or celebration taking place at the moment.
No one has been taken into custody, and there is no information available regarding the suspect(s). No data regarding a potential suspect has been shared by officials, and they do not think that the public is at risk. ABC News was informed by a senior source from the Los Angeles Police Department that three individuals had been discovered dead inside a car in the area.
The identities of the injured have not been made public. At 2:55 a.m., the Los Angeles Fire Department responded to a shooting on Ellison Drive, located in the 2700 block of the area, which consists of sizeable properties located in the hills north of Beverly Hills. In the neighborhood, there are several houses available to rent on Airbnb and Vrbo, with prices ranging from $600 to $7,500 per night.
The women who live around the corner from the crime scene with David’s grandmother, who has lived in the house as its original owner since the 1960s, said for decades it was a quiet neighborhood of longtime residents. In the last five years, as many of the original owners have died, many of the homes have been converted into rental properties. Frank Coraci, who has resided in the area for the past two decades, said he sometimes leases out his residence.
According to Coraci, the cul-de-sac has housed many famous residents.
0. “Shooting Outside Party in Calif. Leaves 3 Dead, 4 Injured” NBC San Diego, 28 Jan. 2023, https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/national-international/shooting-outside-party-in-beverly-crest-leaves-3-dead-four-injured/3154032/
1. “3 dead in Beverly Crest shooting identified as out of state residents; 4 others remain in hospital” OCRegister, 29 Jan. 2023, https://www.ocregister.com/2023/01/29/3-dead-in-beverly-crest-shooting-identified-as-out-of-state-residents-4-others-remain-in-hospital/
2. “At least 3 killed, 4 others wounded in Beverly Crest shooting, police say” KABC-TV, 28 Jan. 2023, https://abc7.com/beverly-hills-shooting-victims-investigation/12744768/
3. “Benedict Canyon shooting: What we know about mass shooting that killed 3, injured 4” Los Angeles Times, 30 Jan. 2023, https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2023-01-30/benedict-canyon-shooting-what-we-know
4. “6th mass shooting in 13 days rocks California” Yahoo News, 29 Jan. 2023, https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/6th-mass-shooting-13-days-175217379.html
5. “3 dead and 4 injured in shooting at gathering in home near Beverly Hills” NBC News, 29 Jan. 2023, https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/least-3-dead-4-injured-shooting-party-beverly-hills-area-rcna68014
6. “3 Dead, 4 Injured At Shooting Early Saturday In The Benedict Canyon Area” LAist, 28 Jan. 2023, https://laist.com/news/3-dead-4-injured-at-shooting-early-saturday-in-the-benedict-canyon-area
7. “Benedict Canyon shooting that left 3 dead, 4 wounded was not random, police say” Yahoo! Voices, 28 Jan. 2023, https://www.yahoo.com/now/least-3-dead-4-wounded-144514989.html