Winter Storm Watch for Northeast: Snow, Wind, and Power Outages Expected
The National Weather Service in Albany has issued a Winter Storm Watch for the Northeast, beginning Monday afternoon and continuing through Wednesday morning. This major storm system could bring snow and wind to the region and could cause power outages and damage to trees. The snowfall totals could range from 1 to 3 inches in the NYC area to up to 2 feet in higher elevation areas like the Catskills, the Berkshires, and the Taconic Mountains.
The storm is expected to start Monday afternoon with a mix of snow and rain, but not much accumulation. As temperatures drop after midnight, heavy snow will start to fall. Rain and snow is expected to start falling between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday, with snow intensifying between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. 
The storm will continue through late Tuesday evening and could impact travel during the Tuesday morning commute, with a changeover to snow from rain possibly happening just hours before the morning rush hour. Snow is expected to be on the wetter side, making for a slushy and slick commute.
Frigid air will follow the snow, with temperatures expected to drop to the mid-20s with the wind chill that night. Most of the rest of the week looks sunny with highs in the upper 40s, though Friday into the weekend could bring more rain.
Be sure to check the latest National Weather Service alerts and download your local weather apps before leaving. Monitor radio or TV stations for the latest weather forecast and be prepared for strong winds and below-average temperatures.
0. “Big Snow Update: Up To 2 Feet Possible For Parts Of Upstate New York” Q105.7, 11 Mar. 2023, https://q1057.com/ixp/81/p/big-snow-update-up-to-2-feet-possible-for-parts-of-upstate-new-york/
1. “Heavy snow headed our way this week” Spectrum News, 12 Mar. 2023, https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/capital-region/weather/2023/03/12/heavy-snow-headed-to-eastern-new-york
2. “Millions of Americans Bracing for Potential ‘Major' Nor'easter Storm” The Epoch Times, 12 Mar. 2023, https://www.theepochtimes.com/millions-of-americans-bracing-for-potential-major-noreaster-storm_5117409.html
3. “Nor'easter could be biggest Albany area storm in two years” Times Union , 12 Mar. 2023, https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/nor-easter-biggest-albany-area-storm-two-years-17834715.php
4. “Nor'Easter: Up To 2 Feet Of Snow Hudson Valley, Upstate New York” Hudson Valley Post, 12 Mar. 2023, https://hudsonvalleypost.com/snow-eastern-catskillupstate-new-york-catskills-upper-mid-hudson-valley-hudson-valley-western-catskills-lower-hudson-valley
5. “A winter storm is predicted to hit New York tonight” Time Out, 10 Mar. 2023, https://www.timeout.com/newyork/news/a-winter-storm-is-predicted-to-hit-new-york-tonight-031023
6. “Projected Snowfall Totals Increase For Winter Storm Headed To Region” Daily Voice, 10 Mar. 2023, https://dailyvoice.com/new-york/southwestdutchess/weather/projected-snowfall-totals-increase-for-winter-storm-headed-to-region/858581/