Prime Minister Modi Inaugurates 14th Edition of Asia’s Largest Aero Show, Aero India 2023
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 14th edition of Asia’s largest aero show, Aero India 2023, at the Air Force Station in Yelahanka, Bengaluru on February 13, 2023. The five-day event, themed ‘The runway to a billion opportunities,’ was inaugurated with the release of a commemorative stamp by Prime Minister Modi.
Aero India 2023 will be the biggest of its kind, with over 800 exhibitors from 98 countries. At the event, attendees will have the opportunity to see indigenous aircraft, equipment, and aerospace technologies, as well as to form coalitions with foreign visitors. The defence ministers of 32 countries, air chiefs of 29 countries, and 73 CEOs of global and Indian OEMs (original equipment manufacturers) are expected to attend the event.
The US Air Force’s F-35A Lightning II, considered one of the most advanced aircraft in the world, made a historic debut at the event. Major General Julian C. Cheater, Assistant Deputy Under Secretary of the Air Force, International Affairs, said, “The F-35 represents the leading-edge of US fighter technology. Aero India is an ideal forum to showcase the most advanced, capable, lethal, and interoperable weapons systems the US has to offer. This system and others are designed to penetrate and defeat advanced adversary air defenses.”
Notable exhibitors at the event are Airbus, Boeing, Dassault Aviation, Lockheed Martin, Israel Aerospace Industry, BrahMos Aerospace, Army Aviation, HC Robotics, SAAB, Safran, Rolls Royce, Larsen & Toubro, Bharat Forge Limited, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL), and BEML Limited.
Karnataka Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai said that hosting the 14th edition of Asia's largest aero show is a matter of pride for the State. The Prime Minister mentioned that the defence sector has undergone a metamorphosis over the past 8-9 years, with the objective of increasing defence exports from 1.5 billion to 5 billion by 2024-25. The Prime Minister declared that India will be making rapid progress to become one of the biggest defence manufacturing countries and the private sector and investors will have a massive impact on this.
0. “US's 5th gen supersonic F-35 makes debut at Aero India” Rediff.com, 13 Feb. 2023, https://www.rediff.com/news/report/uss-5th-gen-supersonic-f-35-makes-debut-at-aero-india/20230213.htm
1. “Aero India’s deafening roar echoes India’s message of Reform, Perform and Transform: PM” Devdiscourse, 13 Feb. 2023, https://www.devdiscourse.com/article/law-order/2353196-aero-indias-deafening-roar-echoes-indias-message-of-reform-perform-and-transform-pm
2. “Aero India 2023 Airshow Liftoff Today in Bengaluru” Airways Magazine, 13 Feb. 2023, https://airwaysmag.com/aero-india-2023-airshow-liftoff-today-in-bengaluru/
3. “Efforts on to completely indigenise LCA Tejas: Defence Minister Rajnath Singh at Aero India curtain raiser event” The Indian Express, 12 Feb. 2023, https://indianexpress.com/article/cities/bangalore/lca-tejas-defence-minister-rajnath-singh-aero-india-8440827/
4. “World's ‘most lethal' fighter jets are here! F-35s debut at Aero India 2023” Indiatimes.com, 14 Feb. 2023, https://m.timesofindia.com/city/bengaluru/worlds-most-lethal-fighter-jets-are-here-f-35s-debut-at-aero-india-2023/photostory/97898992.cms
5. “US-made F-35 (that Greece Are Buying) Unveiled For First Time At Aero India 2023” GreekCityTimes.com, 16 Feb. 2023, https://greekcitytimes.com/2023/02/17/us-made-f-35-that-greece-aero/
6. “A Glimpse Of Aero India 2023 Exhibition In Bengaluru” ABP Live, 16 Feb. 2023, https://news.abplive.com/photo-gallery/lifestyle/a-glimpse-of-aero-india-2023-exhibition-in-bengaluru-1582637