Callan Clancy, 8-Month-Old Boy, Dies After Mother Allegedly Kills His Siblings in Tragic Murder-Suicide Attempt
On Friday morning, Callan Clancy, an 8-month-old boy, who was taken to a Boston hospital to be treated for injuries earlier in the week, died days after his mother allegedly killed his two older siblings in a murder-suicide attempt.
The shock of the tragedy has been felt throughout the community. “We are shocked and saddened to learn of this unthinkable tragedy,” a hospital spokesperson said in a statement. Our hearts go out to everyone impacted by these tragic occurrences.
Lindsay Clancy, 32, is now facing murder and assault charges related to the deaths of her three children. Cora, 5, and Dawson, 3, were pronounced dead at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth. Timothy Cruz, District Attorney, declared that the medical examiner's office will be responsible for pinpointing the precise manner and reasons behind their demise, but it appears that they had been strangled. Callan was flown to a Boston hospital before succumbing to his injuries Friday.
The pain of the tragedy was felt by Patrick Clancy, the father of the three children. “My family was the best thing that ever happened to me,” he said. “I took so much pride in being Lindsay’s husband and a dad to Cora, Dawson, and Callan. I always reminded myself that each day with them was a new gift.”
He asked the community to forgive Lindsay Clancy and find peace. “The real Lindsay was generously loving and caring towards everyone – me, our kids, family, friends, and her patients. The very fibers of her soul are loving. All I wish for her now is that she can somehow find peace,” he said.
In his statement, Clancy remembered his children fondly and said, “Callan died with enormous courage despite being so little. Maybe it was his way of demonstrating what I need to do to press forward.”
If you or someone close to you is in need of help with suicidal thoughts or mental health issues, contact the Suicide & Crisis Lifeline by dialing 988 or 800-273-8255. This line is staffed by trained counselors who can provide assistance. Additionally, you can visit 988lifeline.org for more information.
0. “Third Child Allegedly Attacked By His Massachusetts Mother Dies” TODAY, 28 Jan. 2023, https://www.today.com/parents/third-child-allegedly-attacked-massachusetts-mother-dies-rcna67956
1. “Mother of three to be charged with killing two of her children and injuring another in Duxbury” The Boston Globe, 25 Jan. 2023, https://www.bostonglobe.com/2023/01/25/metro/mother-three-charged-with-killing-two-her-children-injuring-another-duxbury
2. “Husband of woman accused of murdering Duxbury, Massachusetts kids asks public to forgive her” WMUR Manchester, 29 Jan. 2023, https://www.wmur.com/article/patrick-clancy-statement-duxbury-massachusetts-kids/42696986
3. “Baby of Massachusetts mom Lindsay Clancy, who killed her two other kids, dies” New York Post , 27 Jan. 2023, https://nypost.com/2023/01/27/baby-of-massachusetts-mom-lindsay-clancy-dies
4. “Duxbury dad asks forgiveness for wife, thanks community” The Patriot Ledger, 29 Jan. 2023, https://www.patriotledger.com/story/news/2023/01/28/patrick-clancy-thanks-duxbury-community-asks-forgiveness-for-lindsay/69851358007/
5. “Husband of woman accused of killing three children asks for forgiveness for wife” Yahoo! Voices, 29 Jan. 2023, https://www.yahoo.com/now/husband-woman-accused-killing-three-184540700.html
6. “INTERVIEW: What is postpartum psychosis?” Eyewitness News 3, 28 Jan. 2023, https://www.wfsb.com/2023/01/28/interview-what-is-postpartum-psychosis/
7. “Patrick Clancy, husband of woman accused of strangling three kids, speaks out” CBS News, 30 Jan. 2023, https://www.cbsnews.com/news/patrick-clancy-husband-of-lindsay-clancy-accused-of-strangling-three-kids-statement-duxbury-massachusetts
8. “‘Forgive Lindsay': Husband of Duxbury, Massachusetts, woman charged in children's deaths shares statement” WCVB Boston, 29 Jan. 2023, https://www.wcvb.com/article/lindsay-clancy-husband-statement-duxbury-child-deaths-massachusetts/42695229